Every year the Diversity Leadership Award of Distinction, sponsored by the Alberta Human Rights Commission, goes to an organization that embraces diversity in its workforce.
Award winners are leaders in integrating diversity and human rights practices throughout their organization so that employees, clients, customers and others are respected and included. In other words, organizations that are diversity leaders cultivate a human rights culture and foster a work environment where all different kinds of people are respected and given the opportunity to contribute to the best of their abilities.
If this sounds like your organization, don’t miss your chance to be recognized. Fill out the form on this web page to apply before November 14.
To be eligible, your organization must:
- have operated in Alberta for a minimum of three years;
- be operating in Alberta and continue to do so at the time of the awards presentation;
- employ Albertans to produce goods and/or provide services;
- not have won in the same category in the past three years; and
- not have anyone in your management, on your board, or in your employ serving on the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction judging committee for this category.
The Diversity Leadership Award is one of 11 categories in the Alberta Business Awards of Distinction.
Here is a description of last year’s winners.
Visit the Alberta Human Rights Commission website to learn more about:
- how to develop a comprehensive diversity strategy;
- and create a work environment that reflects human rights values.